With the rise of the UK staycation, many of us are taking to the wheel to spend our holidays in this country, rather than abroad. A survey of 1,000 drivers found that 40 per cent never take a spare key on holiday, while 19 per cent revealed they’ve actually lost their car key while on a break. A lost car key can mean a lot of unwanted holiday hassle and here at Devon Car Keys we can help with spare keys and lockouts while you’re here on holiday in Devon.
Whether you live here in Devon and are heading somewhere else for your summer break or perhaps you’re planning a holiday to Devon, here at Devon Car Keys we can assist with any issues you have before you go away or whilst you’re here enjoying your break in Devon.
Tips for keeping your car key safe on holiday
- When you arrive at your destination, keep your keys in a safe place when you aren’t using them, out of immediate sight.
- If your car has keyless entry, don’t leave the key fob anywhere close to where your car is parked, as this could give thieves an opportunity to use a device known as a ‘relay transmitter’ to remotely access your car.
- Attach a large & brightly coloured key ring to your car key so it’s easy to find if it gets lost amongst your luggage.
- If your car has keyless entry and you can’t find your key, try taking your luggage out to the car and if it opens, you’ll know the key is somewhere amongst your belongings. This will save you panicking prematurely!
Our top tip for keeping your car key safe while on holiday is to take two sets with you. Here at Devon Car Keys we offer mobile key cutting for a wide range of vehicles, select your vehicle from the list.
Make sure you add ‘Spare car key’ to your holiday checklist today!
What happens if I lose my car key while on holiday in Devon?
We offer quick roadside assistance for:
- Lost car keys
- Worn out car keys
- Faulty remote locking fobs
- Broken car keys
- Spare car keys
- Car key programming
- Faulty car locks
- Vehicle entry